Are we open? Yes, we remain open as an essential service.
What COVID measures are we taking?
Each stall has its own socially distanced queue, managed by on-site stewards.
You will find hand sanitiser on entry and exit.
All open food stalls are cling filmed to create a secure barrier.
Payment is by card transactions.
What we ask you to do?
Make sure you socially distance
Queue singly on the busiest stalls.
Move off site as soon as you have done your shopping.
Don’t linger to chat in the middle of the market.
Wear a mask or visor, if you can.
What happens if the site gets too busy?
We’ll ask people to wait on the adjoining roads until there is room again for safe queuing. Thanks in advance for your patience.
In a group?
Please only one person queue for the busiest stalls.
Got a buggy?
Please be mindful of not blocking the centre of the market or taking up too much room in the queues.
Want to shop when it’s quieter?
Come before 11 or after 1, and we also have a mini market on Thursdays. Details below.
Lots of our traders are offering deliveries. Updated details at the end of this newsletter
Are there public toilets on site?
Sorry, not at this time.
Can I get a coffee?
Yes, Antenna Cafe will be open for:
takeaway Carnival coffee
Millie Mange Tout treats
strictly one in, one out, with masks and no lingering.
Haynes Lane Market, Jerry’s Books, Free the Gallery, Alan’s Antiques & Maltpress Trading are all currently closed :-(.
At the market
- Comfort & Joy Deli stall with pies, scotch eggs, salads, wraps and much more.
- Simply Tay Home cooked curries, wraps, samosas and more from Sarwat. Find Sarwat’s menu here.
CAKES, PASTRIES, BREAD
- Brett and Bailey Joe says, “Forget Blue Monday, it’s all about Pink Saturday! Rhubarbra Streisand is back on the stall this week – this charismatic confection is layered with tender rhubarb and rose-scented buttercream, and is guaranteed to sell out early. We’ll also have coconut and raspberry cake, pistachio and honey cake and plenty more besides – you can see the full menu here. Need a whole cake next weekend? Order online by Tuesday night and we’ll have it freshly-baked and ready to collect at Saturday’s market.
- Bread Bread Sourdough, rye, foccacia, olive sticks, croissants & other pastries, cinnamon buns, cake and more.
- Holly Farm butcher Andy’s back with a full range of meat from his and surrounding farms.
- Veaseys fishmonger Nick & Jemima are back with a fuller slab of fresh and cooked seafood.
- Hook & Son Dairy Raw or pasteurised dairy; milk, plus butter, cream, ghee, yoghurt, eggs and beef. All organic and pasture fed. Almost all from their own farm.
FRUIT & VEG
- Brockmans Organic Fruit and Veg Biodynamic and organic seasonal fruit & veg, plus a few organic imports.
- Wild Country Organics Veg, salad and herbs, all organic, and all grown on Adrian’s farm near Cambridge.
- Brambletye fruit, veg & eggs Biodynamic veg, mushrooms, apples, the best apple juice, ferments, eggs, and more. All grown themselves on their farm in Forest Row
- Capo Caccia Antonio says, “Fiore sardo (smoked pecorino) is back and, speck (smoked pork belly) too alongwith smoked ricotta and smoked sausage for a big smoked Saturday celebration.”
- London Smoke & Cure Cheese and charcuterie all the way from Ross’s Streatham smokehouse.
- Gemini Chocolate The best single origin vegan chocolate. Hand crafted in West Norwood. Sorts out those winter blues.
- The Store Cupboard Organic wholefoods, by weight. Buy as much or as little as you need. We sell pulses, grains, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, tea, spices, herbs, superfoods. Plus prepackaged flour, nut butters, tahini, coconut oil, maple syrup. Price and product list here.
- Roots & Cycles Eco household refills, locally hand made natural beauty products. Plus recycled paper, plastic free toilet paper, soap and much more. Price and product list here.
During the week
Thursday mini market
Prefer to shop on a quieter day? We’re here for you.
9-1pm Bread Bread Sourdough, rye, foccacia, olive sticks, croissants & other pastries, cinnamon buns, cake and more.
9-1pm Hook & Son Raw or pasteurised milk, plus butter, cream, ghee, yoghurt, eggs and beef. All organic and pasture fed. Almost all from their own farm.
10-1pm The Store Cupboard Organic wholefoods, by weight. Buy as much or as little as you need. We sell pulses, grains, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, tea, spices, herbs, superfoods. Plus prepackaged flour, nut butters, tahini, coconut oil, maple syrup. Price and product list here.
The Store Cupboard opening hours
Wed 2-7, Thurs 10-1, Sat 10-3 We sell nuts, grains, seeds, pulses, herbs, spices, tea, dried fruit, oil, vinegar, seaweed, herbal remedies, superfoods & more. Price and product list here.
Roots & Cycles opening hours
Eco shop. Refill washing and cleaning liquids, plus toilet paper, bamboo toothbrushes, soap and much more. Price and product list here.
These have been updated. Have a read to hear the latest news.
Cheese & charcuterie – Capo Caccia Antonio says “Cheese, cured meat, pasta, olive oil and more. New for January 2021 – new season olive oil in stock! Free delivery to Crystal Palace customers with the pick up option.”
Smokery – London Smoke and Cure Ross says “Hi to all our lovely customers! We hope you’re all staying healthy and happy. It has been such a tough year but I take solace that the end is in sight and we’ve strong community to help us through. For those that would prefer to get ahead of the game and order online we are taking orders through our website, which is londonsmokeandcure.co.uk.
Additionally we offer a 5% discount code for all Crystal Palace Food Market customers. Just enter CPFOODMARKET at the checkout. Here you’ll find our full range of bacon, hand-linked fresh sausage, cold smoked salmon and charcuterie. All made by hand locally by a small and passionate crew of guys and girls. Once you’ve placed an order you’ll be able to either collect from the smokery in Streatham or from the Crystal Palace Market, or alternatively have it delivered by Chris on a Friday on our eco-cargo bike.”
Natural wines – Wine Scouts Pedro is on holiday at the moment. Back in February some time.
Preserves – Fruition Preserves ““We are taking a bit of a break over Xmas and New Year, returning to markets from the end of January. Although we are not at markets, we will be busy restocking after a busy Xmas and we will also be making new batches of our Seville Orange and Sicilian Lemon Marmalades.
Thank you to all of our customers for your support throughout 2020, which has truly been touch and go for us small producers. However, with your loyalty and support we have managed to survive!
Throughout January, we continue to offer free local contactless home deliveries, free of charge, to the following postcodes:SE27, SE14, SE15, SE19, SE20, SE21, SE22, SE23, SE24, SW2, SW4, SW9, SW16. You are welcome to place orders, however small via email [email protected] or text 07989 975 633. Payments are taken in advance by card (via SumUp link) so that we can keep it all contactless. Check the website for all our products and our price list.”
Free from cakes – Simply Tay Cakes (8 inch) for £15. No contact collection from SE19 2LE, or delivery available if you are isolating. VG = vegan, GF = gluten free (not suitable for coeliacs). To order text Tay to 07896126916 or via messenger.
Olives and olive oil – Mar de Olivos Mar says “Hi to everyone and hope you are all staying safe. Just a quick note from me. Whilst the lockdown situation continues and until further notice, we would like to help our great and loyal customers from Crystal Palace Food market by arranging free delivery (spending a minimum of £15) to the following postcode areas: SE19, SE20, SE25, SE26 and SE27. We’ll arrange deliveries on Monday and Thursday each week. You can check our offers for olives and extra virgin olive oil at http://mardeolivos.co.uk/shoponline. If you have any questions/queries I can be contacted at 07803 299249, [email protected] or any of my social media channels. Stay safe and keep well!”
Olive oil – Elia Olive Oil George says “We are still delivering via our online store www.eliaoliveoil.co.uk. We are fully stocked for orders and have a couple of special offers to check out too. We have also included a function to enable free collection from us in West Norwood, if you would prefer. Please email us at [email protected] to discuss any wholesale requirements. All the best and hope to see you again soon!”
Meals & snacks
Pakistani supper club and samosas – Simply Tay Watch out for her supper clubs. Details will be posted by Tay NC on our market facebook page. Or text her on 07896126916. In the mean time – Samosas £2 each freshly fried, or £1.50 frozen. Minimum order 12.
Jamaican food – Jerky Fridays Patsy says “At Jerky Fridays we will be doing our own deliveries from our set menu. All orders will need to be pre-booked by the Thursday lunchtime. I will send out the weekends menu on a Wednesday for a delivery on either the Friday or Saturday. Each week the menus will alter slightly. If you’re interested let me know then I can add you to my mail out list. Delivery charges will apply. This service will be starting on Friday 15th January 2021.”
We are proud to be part of Crystal Palace Transition Town. Wondering who we are, what we do, or how you could get involved? Our blog section is a great place to start or this talk given by Joe Duggan, one of the co-chairs.
News From Crystal Palace – we love this local news page from our friend, journalist Jerry Green.