APRICOT, CARDAMOM AND CASHEW BREAKFAST TRUFFLES
Delicious, healthy and easy to make. All the ingredients are available to buy by weight at The Store Cupboard except the apple juice which is on Brambletye Stall
Write a review
- 100g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 100g rolled oats
- 100g cashews, raw or toasted
- Seeds from 6 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tbsp coconut or extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp apple or orange juice
- Tip the apricots, oat, half of the cashews, and the cardamom seeds into a food processor.
- Add the oil and apple or orange juice.
- Blitz until the mix comes together into a ball.
- Add a little more juice if the mix is looking too dry. If it’s too wet, add some more oats.
- Chop the remaining cashew nuts as finely as possible and set aside.
- Shape the mixture into balls.
- Roll the balls in the chopped nuts to coat.
- To help the chopped cashews stick, roll the balls in a little dish of water first. These will keep in the fridge for a week.
- To help the chopped cashews stick, roll the balls in a little dish of water first.
- These will keep in the fridge for a week.
Adapted from ‘Five: 150 Effortless Ways to Eat 5+ Fruit and Veg a Day’
Crystal Palace Food Market https://www.crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/