Autumnal Apple Loaf - Baking
A sort of cross between a hearty wholegrain loaf and a cake. It’s absolutely brilliant warm with butter and honey for breakfast, or with a slab of cheese and a bowl of soup for lunch or tea. Produce from Brambletye.
Write a review
- 150g plain flour
- 200g wholewheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 large apple, peeled and coarsely grated
- 50g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg, whisked
- 250ml apple juice
- A few handfuls of chopped nuts and/or dried fruit (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Brush a loaf tin with oil or butter. Coat with a dusting of flour – the old fashioned way to prevent it from sticking.
- Combine dry ingredients. Fold in the grated apples. Top with the wet ingredients and nuts and/or dried fruit, if using, save some nuts to scatter on top.
- Gently fold all the ingredients together, careful not to over mix.
- Tip into the tin. Dot any reserved nuts over the top.
- Bake for 30-45 mins, or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10-15 mins before serving or trying to remove from the pan.
Crystal Palace Food Market https://www.crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/