An easy way to bulk up fish to feed four easily and cheaply in a tasty way.
Write a review
- 200g of fish (cod, haddock or even prawns) Veasey's Fishmonger
- 2 chopped onions Brockmans
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 chopped green chillies Wild Country Organic
- 2 cloves of garlic Brockmans
- 1 tsp of chopped ginger Brockmans
- ½ tsp of red chilli powder Grain Grocer
- 1 tsp of salt Grain Grocer
- ½ tsp of cumin seeds Grain Grocer
- ½ tsp of Bishops weed seeds
- ½ tsp Nigella seeds
- Olive oil to sauté
- Coriander to garnish Wild Country Organic
- Sautee onions till glassy.
- Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and all the spices and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Now add the fish, close the lid and cook on a low heat till the fish is tender and the masala has separated from the oil.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve with pilau rice or chapatti.
- Alternatively you can transfer the fish into an oven proof dish, add the masala and cook on 190 C for 20 minutes.
Crystal Palace Food Market https://www.crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/