Gooseberry Fool - Pud
Produce from Brambletye, Patchwork Farm, Perry Court Farm or Wild Country Organic.
Write a review
- 2 mugs of gooseberries
- 1/2 mug of caster or granulated sugar
- 1/2 mug of liquid (you can use water, apple juice, or a splash of diluted elderflower cordial)
- 1/2 mug of cream
- 1/2 mug of natural or Greek yoghurt
- Pop the gooseberries in a pot. Add sugar and liquid - the gooseberries have loads of juice in them, which will come out when you start cooking, hence the small amount of liquid needed.
- Bring the gooseberries to the boil and let them bubble away until the little green berries start to pop. Cook for a touch longer to thicken the juices. Set aside to cool.
- Whip the cream with a whisk or handmixer until thick and glossy. Gently fold in the yogurt, adding it little by little. Layer the cooled gooseberries (and a bit of the syrup) with the creamy mix. Fold together if you like. Chill until ready to serve.
Crystal Palace Food Market https://www.crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/