Magical Any Greens Pesto - Fast Food
You can whip up a fab pesto with just about any leafy green (broccoli florets even work, as do fresh raw peas or broad beans – just strip from their pods and remove the white coating from each bean), add some herbs, too, if you like. Produce from Perry Court Farm & Crystal Palace Patchwork Farm.
Write a review
- 1/2 mug of toasted nuts (pinenuts, almonds, even pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
- 1 mug of freshly grated Parmesan or a similar hard or semi-hard cheese
- 4 handfuls of seasonal greens, roughly chopped, woody stems removed (if needed)
- A pinch of fresh red chilli (optional)
- A glug of olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- Place the nuts/seeds, cheese, greens and chilli in a food processor. Add a good drizzle of olive oil over the top. Blitz till it forms a nice paste – make it as smooth as you wish, splashing more oil in as needed.
- Taste. Adjust seasoning, or more nuts, cheese, greens or chilli as needed.
- Serve immediately. Or, pop into a pot, drizzle a bit of oil over the top, cover and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- This pesto also freezes well.
Crystal Palace Food Market https://www.crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/