Marmite Mushrooms - Fast Food
These completely morish mushrooms are hugely versatile. Great on toast, with eggs, folded through rice, with a steak and much more.
Write a review
- A punnet of mushrooms, any sliceable variety
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- A glug of olive oil
- 1-2 tsp marmite
- A nugget of butter
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A handful of fresh herbs, chopped
- Brush the mushrooms clean, if needed. Cut or tear into fairly thin slice or pieces – Portobellos need cutting, oyster mushrooms are best torn.
- Warm a large frying pan over high heat. Add a glug of olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms, sauté till golden. Fold through the garlic. Cook for a minute longer.
- Swirl in a small spoon of marmite and a little nugget of butter. Swirl through until it coats the mushrooms with a sticky glaze. Add a little more butter and marmite as needed..
- Season to taste. Finish with the herbs and serve up warm.
Crystal Palace Food Market https://www.crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/