Tomato Miso Ginger Soup - Vegan
This is the perfect way to bid farewell to the last of the English tomato season, and it’s the perfect way to zap a cold. Produce from Wild Country Organics and Planta Health Food Shop on Westow Hill.
Write a review
- 500g tomatoes - halve any larger tomatoes, keep cherry toms whole
- 1 smallish onion (white or red) - quartered, trimmed and peeled
- A drizzle of olive or sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, finely grated
- 2 tsp miso paste
- ½-1 mug of warm water
- A dash of soy sauce or tamari
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a roasting tray. Tuck the onion pieces amongst the tomatoes. Drizzle with just enough oil to gloss. Roast for 30 mins, or till it’s all meltingly tender.
- Tumble the tomatoes, onions and any juice in a food processer or blender. Add the ginger. Whiz till puréed. Add the miso paste and 1/2 mug warm water. Whizz. Taste. Add a dash of soy to taste, and more water if needed.
- You can pass this through a sieve to remove the tomato seeds and skin if you like but it tastes great either way.. Warm through and blast those sniffles away.
Crystal Palace Food Market https://www.crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/